Based on the The Tin Hat Turotial on how to use the Tor browser with I2P, I tried to import the FoxyProxy configuration file to my FoxyProxy. Unfortunately the format FoxyProxy uses to export and import settings seems to has changed so that the import failed. Because of that I set up the needed proxies and filters manually and exported my ruleset. Everybody who wants to use the Tor browser for both Tor and I2P can download my exported config and import it or set up the rules manually based on the config file.
I want to share my experiences with the Yaesu FT-2DE with you, especially because there are not many reviews on this device at the given time. As a disclaimer: this is my first high price ham radio device! Therefore I am unable to compare it to other high price sellers and cannot rate the device compared to others in the points of build quality and stuff like that. Also I do not own a DMR or D-Star device and can only reflect my gained experiences with C4FM.
I bought the device second hand from a OM I was referred to. He was unable to use C4FM frequently because there is no repeater in his living area. To be honest in and around Berlin the density of repeaters capable of C4FM is not the best as you can see on the repeater map by DB0WHR. Fortunately I can reach DB0BLO from my QTH.
Lately I moved my VMware Workstation to another machine and since then neither the vmnet NICs nor any of the VMware network services was working.
With vmware-network –status the status of the virtual NICs and netservices can be checked. I got Bridge networking on vmnet0 is not running
DHCP service on vmnet1 is not running
Hostonly virtual adapter on vmnet1 is disabled
DHCP service on vmnet8 is not running
NAT service on vmnet8 is not running
Hostonly virtual adapter on vmnet8 is disabled
Some/All of the configured services are not running
as respons. I tried to fix that by vmware-network –start but got Failed to start some/all services back so I started investigating. The answer to that was a missing kernel mod calles vmnet. A quick modprobe vmnet and again a restart of the service fixed the issue.
About a week ago I started using Pushbullet on my phone again. We all know that WhatsApp web sucks balls but I’m far to lazy to get the phone out of my pocket everytime someone sends me a WhatsApp message. Pushbullet then sends the messages to my always running Firefox where I can read and respond to them. The integrated end-to-end encryption feature in Pushbullet caught my attention so I set up an encryption password on my phone and in my browser but the Firefox AddOn wasn’t able to encrypt any of the forwarded messages. Instead it always showed me a prompt asking for the encryption password.
The cause of that issue was the Fanboy Social Blocking List in AdBlock Plus which blocked the Pushbullet AddOn page on which you set up the encryption password. After disabling ABP for the AddOn Page everything was working perfectly.
I recently switched over to Debian on my desktop computer (thx @Hypfer for convincing me to do this). One of the first issues I ran into was the fact that after I mounted my encrypted external harddrive it was only readable for the root user. The cause of this is that I start Veracrypt via gksudo because otherwise I was not able to mount my drives since my main user is not in the sudoers list.
The solution to that is to create an exception for the user that you want to mount the volume with:%[group of your user] ALL=(root) NOPASSWD:/path/to/veracrypt
After that all users in this group are able to mount volumes with Veracrypt and access the content.
Lately I bought a couple HDDs to finish my home made NAS running OpenMediaVault Debian. I personally think that IPv6 should be supported by any means, so I activated it right after finishing the installation process and everything was working fine. I shut down the system during the night hours because there was no reason to leave it on because I had not yet copied any data onto the NAS.
Next day the system got stuck at bootup! At first I thought something messed up the resolv.conf because the bootup process was throwing a couple errors that indicated something like that but in the end it was the NIC waiting for an IPv6 lease from the DHCP server runnig on my fritzbox (don’t judge me, if I could this thing would take a visit to the trash can asap). The DHCP was somehow misconfigured so that Debian was waiting endlessly for an address.
I fixed it by enabling IA_PD and IA_NA in the fritzbox GUI and voilà Debian finished booting right away.